If you read my last article, Are Body Cleanses Healthy For You, I promised I would let everyone know the cleanses I use and what brands. I always start with a liver cleanse first. So What Is A Good Natural Liver Cleanse? A good natural liver cleanse consists of several ingredients, which would cost a lot to purchase individually and prepare yourself.
Why Should You Do A Liver Cleanse First
The reason you want to start with a liver cleanse first is that your body will not function at its best whenever the liver becomes burdened. However, there is a more significant reason for cleaning the liver first. Until the liver is cleansed, its toxic load will prevent a body from coping best with new toxins and flushing them out. The worst toxins accumulate in the liver and tend to remain permanently unless there is an intervention.
This is why doing a liver cleanse is so vital because no other cleanse will work effectively until the liver is functioning well again. Trying to cleanse any other part of the body while the liver is not correctly functioning is like cleaning a floor with a dirty mop. The liver works in close partnership with the kidneys to clean the blood. Toxins are stored inside the liver whenever a body becomes too toxic to eliminate them, or whenever substances are too toxic for the kidneys to expel them.
Are Liver Cleanses Safe And Effective
Are liver cleanses safe and effective? With the exposure of so many toxins in our foods and the environment, extreme liver toxicity can cause a lot of health issues. The more toxic the liver becomes, the less a body can prevent the accumulation of further toxins resulting in new health problems. I think it would be wise for you to help your liver out.
With so many products in the market place, I know it can be challenging to determine what is safe and effective, what works and what doesn’t, and this is why I created The Hillbilly Shaman website to eliminate the confusion so that you can make an informed decision.
Natural Liver Cleansing Herbs
After countless hours of research, I did years ago these were the best natural liver cleansing herbs, I found a person needs to cleanse the liver.
- Milk thistle
- Burdock root
- Wild yam
Here Is A List Of 14 Liver Cleansing Foods
If you are already eating a healthy diet consisting of the following foods, it might not be necessary for you to do a liver cleanse. There is no substitute for eating a healthy diet when it comes to your health. However, if you eat a lot of processed or fast foods and are not eating healthy, I recommend doing a good liver cleanse at least twice a year.
- Carrots are very high in plant-flavonoids and beta-carotene, which stimulates and supports liver function overall. They also contain Vitamin A, which prevents liver disease.
- Avocados help the body naturally produce glutathione, the compound that helps the liver rid itself of toxins.
- Broccoli helps the liver to produce detoxifying enzymes.
- Leafy Greens are high in chlorophyll, which leaches toxins out of the bloodstream. They can help neutralize heavy metals to protect the liver.
- Asparagus helps the cleansing process by activating the functions of the liver and kidneys that eliminate the toxins.
- Beets are rich in glutathione and help the liver to regenerate and perform its purification role.
- Cauliflower increases the production of glucosinolate enzymes in the body, helping to eliminate carcinogens and other toxins.
- Apples are rich in pectin and facilitate the process of cleansing the liver.
- Spinach stimulates the production of the liver and digestive enzymes.
- Turnips help the liver to produce detoxifying enzymes.
- Radishes increase the production of glucosinolate enzymes in the body, helping to eliminate carcinogens and other toxins.
- Cabbage helps to eliminate carcinogens and other toxins through the production of glucosinolate enzymes.
- Nuts are a good source of glutathione, omega-3 fatty acids that help the liver evacuate ammonia.
- Citrus Fruits are another source of glutathione that helps stimulate the production of liver and bile detoxification enzymes and improve the process of cleansing the liver.
Easiest Liver Cleanse I’ve Used
As promised, here is the liver cleanse I have been using for years. The ingredients have changed some over the years, but it is still a good liver cleanse. When I choose a product, I like to find the most natural products I can find. I do try and eat a healthy, clean diet most of the time, but we all have our vices, and I do slip occasionally and eat some junk foods that I know aren’t good for me health-wise.
I usually order this product through Swanson’s, and it runs between $18 to $20. I think it is like $24 through Amazon, but I am sure you can find it at other places or your local health food store. I like places like Swanson’s because they sell a lot of different brands that I use in other products so I can get what I need all in one place.
In closing, I would like to say that if you have never done any cleanses before and don’t know where to start or what kind of cleanses you need to do, I would suggest you read my previous article Are Body Cleanses Healthy For You. I hope you found this article helpful.
Dale – The Hillbilly Shaman